Public water

Överkalix kommun är huvudman för den allmänna VA-anläggningen vars verksamhetsområde omfattar många av kommunens byar.

Allmänna bestämmelser för användande av Överkalix kommuns allmänna vatten- och avloppsanläggning (ABVA 2012) reglerar förhållandet mellan fastighetsägare och Överkalix kommun. Se Dokument i menyn till höger.

Om du upplever problem med ditt kommunala vatten och avlopp kan du läsa mer i Frågor & svar längre ned på sidan och göra en felanmälan här.

Public water

Every day the Överkalix municipal water network delivers approximately 1100 cubic meters of high quality water from our natural groundwater sources.

The water that our visitors and residents drink (and shower in) is of higher quality bottled water sold in stores.

  • It is possible to connect to the municipal water and wastewater network in certain parts of the municipality. The Technical Office maintains and services the municipal network and carries out the emptying of septic tanks for private sewage systems.
  • The Construction and Environment Office handles questions relating to permits for private sewage systems.

Municipal wastewater

  • Bodily waste
  • Toilet paper
  • Water from washing dishes and household cleaning
  • Water from dishwashers and washing machines
  • Shower and bathwater

  • Cotton Buds
    • Sanitary Pads
    • Tampons
    • Washcloths
    • Wet wipes
    • Dental floss
    • Plasters
    • Fat
    • Diapers
    • Condoms
    • Solvents and degreasers
    • Paint
    • Oil or petrol
    • Acetone
    • Medications
    • Cat litter
    • Pantyhose
    • Combs
    • Cigarettes, cigars and “snus”

If your drain is blocked, begin by checking if it is a local blockage.

If you need help you can ring a plumbing firm or contact the municipal drain clearing vehicle directly. If the issue is located in your local pipes you are responsible for the unblocking fee, if the issue is located beyond the point where your pipes connect to the municipal network the drain cleaning vehicle operator will notify the Municipality who will then be responsible for the fee.